Create the Basis for Artificial Intelligence in
The standardized document preparation is a must in many respects of modern digital inbox processing.
The aim is to preserve the content of incoming documents right from the start.
Central Hub for Smart Input Management
Create Searchable Documents
Searching for information quickly and in a targeted manner is a basic requirement of modern communication. But what if the existing structures in the archiving of companies make research more difficult because documents are not searchable at all. Here, a central, standardized conversion that generates intelligent and accessible documents provides a remedy.
Standardized conversion is the basis of modern archiving
- Until recently, the individual companies of one of the largest all-round insurers in Germany archived their documents in different formats (AFP, PDF, PDF / UA etc.) The situation arose from the takeover of competitors from various lines of business.
- Today, however, there is a company-wide conversion entity. This means: Without exception, all documents generated and received in the insurance group are archived centrally in a searchable and uniform format. If required, the customer loads the desired document onto his PC, where necessary there is a re-conversion ("on the fly") into a format suitable for the customer.
Automated Analysis of Digital Input
The linchpin of electronic input processing is a platform that analyzes the unstructured input and processes it into a standardized format.
It has to meet the following criteria:
- Professional handling of incoming messages of every type, structure and input channel (email, web portal, fax, messenger services, office documents, images etc.)
- Conversion into readable, archivable and searchable formats
- Keep the content as complete as possible
- Analysis / classification (determining the type of document: what is the correspondence / concern about? What business transaction is it?)
- Automated forwarding to the department
- Ability to initiate downstream processes
- Mapping different conversion / processing workflows
- Possibility to "cushion" short-term load peaks
Establishment of a stringent processing logic
The efficient electronic incoming processing requires clear rules:
- What should happen to the incoming document?
- How should it be processed (interactive or "dark")?
- What format should you convert to?
- Who is responsible for the final case processing?
- Which documents require separate approval?
- Should an approval workflow be established (e.g. four-eyes principle)?
- Which data are relevant for automated further processing and should be extracted and stored centrally?
Data as The Basis for Document-relevant Processes Based on AI
Today's digital inbox processing does not alone mean automatically accepting any input and converting it to a standard format. Rather, reading and carrying information plays a crucial role. The ultimate goal is to keep the content as complete as possible right from the start and to generate important data from it. In the meantime, the specialist departments in companies place high demands on this. For example, marketing and sales require detailed information in order to address even more targeted customers.
Most importantly, data is the basis for downstream processes of incoming mail processing based on AI. The keyword here is, for example, the automated generation of response letters for routine inquiries.
Why AI at all?
- Consistent database: Artificial intelligence provides managers with the basis for quick and rational decisions. In addition, the technology provides real-time insights into complex IT infrastructures, can monitor service quality and offers decisive advantages in terms of information security: critical systems can be analyzed around the clock for intrusion attempts using many individual parameters.
- Faster problem solving: Thanks to AI, users will be able to answer and solve their own questions and problems faster and more effectively. Artificial intelligence can help them find the information they need and apply complex problem solutions independently - without having to know the exact cause of the problem. Good examples are quick searches for information and best practices in a knowledge base. They also benefit from an automatic transfer of a support call or chat to the right person.
- Relieving routine tasks / increasing productivity: In practice, clerks spend most of their time working on regularly recurring questions and problems. The result is routine, artificial intelligence will most likely lead to more interesting work for all employees in the area of service and support. With AI-based automation, teams gain more time flexibility and can concentrate more on strategic tasks and the improvement of service processes. For organizations, the automation of support tasks also has financial advantages: You no longer have to commission additional service providers to ensure service quality.
- Creating a robust IT environment: Artificial intelligence can also significantly improve incident management. The applications range from the detection and logging of problems to the elimination of the causes responsible for them. With the help of firmly defined key performance indicators (KPI), irregularities are recognized at an early stage and can be remedied effectively. Automation also helps stabilize the IT environment and helps organizations create a better foundation for digital transformation.
Mapping Various Scenarios
The background is that there are complex and less complex documents. An office document with only text, for example, is relatively simple to structure and could be converted directly and directly to PDF / A or PDF / UA using a native conversion path.
In contrast, a WORD file with graphics, images or screenshots is already more complex because you would have to activate OCR recognition to read the data from the image elements. The trick is to define all possible conversion scenarios beforehand and to save them in the system.
How to convert
Ideally, a central conversion authority ("dispatcher") analyzes each incoming document for its structure, its peculiarities and its format and automatically decides which "conversion route" it should be sent to. And the whole thing happens in a fraction of a second, because it's about mass.
By way of illustration: An insurance company receives an average of 90,000 emails a day today. The attachments are often so complex that it would not be possible to master them without an automated, software-based classification. Legal protection and company insurance are a good example of this.
Specialists for the conversion of document data streams of any type in both input and output management support the establishment of a central conversion instance.
At its core is a scalable and seamlessly integrated platform whose range of functions goes far beyond the range of conventional conversion software for digital inboxes.
It is crucial to ensure right from the start that the complete content of incoming documents is preserved, regardless of type, format and input channel.
The establishment of a central conversion instance in the digital inbox creates the conditions for document processing based on artificial intelligence methods.
From Vision to Reality: Digital Conversion in Practice
A large company with branches and branches worldwide receives tens of thousands of emails a day from a central electronic mailbox - both from end customers and from external and internal sales partners. The aim is to prepare the messages and their attachments in such a way that they can be forwarded electronically to the responsible department for final processing immediately after receipt - regardless of the format in which the email attachments arrive.
Convert email body and attachment to a standard format.
DocBridge® Conversion Hub automatically initiates the following processes:
- Conversion of the actual email ("body") to PDF / A
- Individual conversion of the email attachment (e.g. various office formats, image files such as TIFF, JPG etc.) to PDF / A
- Merging the email body with the corresponding attachments and generating a single PDF / A file for each business transaction
- At the same time, all important information is read (extracted) from the file and stored centrally for downstream processes
Professional handling with the variety of documents in e-mail processing.
- End-to-end automation including analysis
- No media break (no unnecessary printing and re-scanning)
- Relief for the clerk (reduction of routine tasks to a minimum)
- Independence from the delivered formats in the digital inbox
In a company that has grown strongly through mergers and acquisitions, very heterogeneous archiving structures have emerged: The individual companies and areas have saved their documents locally and in various formats (AFP, PDF, PDF-A / 3 etc.). Targeted and fast information research was made considerably more difficult. The aim was therefore to prepare all documents generated and received in the group in a standardized manner according to precisely defined rules so that they are available centrally and can be searched in a targeted manner.
DocBridge® Conversion Hub as the central conversion instance is able to automatically process almost any type of document and convert it to the desired archiving format. The solution acts as the technological basis for the consolidation or standardization of different archive systems in the interest of compliance (revision security) and customer service (availability of information).
Intelligent document research and revision-proof archiving.
- Fast and targeted document research including full text search
- High compliance (including revision-proof archiving)
- Basis for the standardization and modernization of heterogeneous archive systems
Compart Turns Your Digital Inbox into the Basis for Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Document Processing
New Way of Document Composition
DocBridge® Impress Revolutionizes Document Design for Web and Print.
Expertise for data streams of all kinds
Struggling with digital transformation? Benefit from our over 30 years of experience transforming documents and print data streams
High-performance solutions for modern Omni-Channel document and output management
Trendsetters and Partners
Member of committees for the standardization of customer communication processes (AFP Consortium, PDF Association, Doxnet, Bitkom, Unicode, AIIM)
More than 1,500 customers in almost 50 countries
Get the Answers
and Solutions You Need