A generalized solution to manage and optimize output management processes
A wide range of applications generate business critical output management processes and use them for different purposes. It requires a lot of effort to optimize and manage the processes. The result is inconsistent management and optimization, lack of simplicity, difficult error recovery and resource utilization. That can affect the quality of service and increase high operating costs. DocBridge Queue Processor is a system designed to manage the processes centrally for printing or for processing in different ways. It has the capability to receive the jobs from different input channels or from manual submission. A configurable queue management extends the functionality of DocBridge Queue Processor to manage processes and reroute or distribute to different output channels. The architecture is designed in such a way that it can easily be used in a context other than printing.
Benefits, Concept and Functions
The DocBridge® Queue Processor Concept
DocBridge Queue Processor in day-to-day operations: Use scenario
Print provider needs to process different data streams from a wide variety of channels (e.g., in AFP and PDF format) and prepare the data streams accordingly. Print provider must ensure optimal utilization of equipment and keep ramp-up time to an absolute minimum.
- DocBridge Queue Processor accepts jobs and optimizes the data streams
- Jobs are optimized for performance and transferred to printers
- PDF files are sent to an IPDS printer via an object container in order to preserve color quality
- Print jobs with similar attributes are printed seamlessly to save paper, reduce ramp-up times, and best utilize the IPDS print systems
- Operators control and monitor the jobs via a web-based graphical user interface
- Increased efficiency through optimal data stream preparation to take full advantage of print speed and smart job control
- Efficient system utilization thanks to a solution to centrally control and manage the entire document output process
- Full flexibility through support of all market relevant input formats
- Environmentally friendly and cost-efficient through minimal waste of substrates and paper
- Ease of operation and fast learning time