DocBridge Mill Plus
Universal and graphically supported documentation processes for all formats (GUI)
The most flexible solution for conversion, modification, optimization and deployment
DocBridge Mill Plus is platform-independent and scalable software for the transformation of an extensive variety of document formats. It analyzes, modifies, separates, distributes, classifies and indexes the input data then converts into the desired formats. The documents can be displayed, edited, and delivered to web, email, print and archival channels.
DocBridge Mill Plus enables users without programming or scripting skills to define individual functions as well as complete processing workflows. However, it does not limit users.
Complex processing can be divided into individual processing steps then linked together into a workflow of drag & drop modules. Testing of the defined workflows right in the user interface is included, increasing reliability and reducing misprints.
- Enables better customer communication and faster time to market through repurposing of existing documents
- Reduces cost by allowing to re-use existing documents without the need to change upstream processes
- Allows both business and technical users to configure applications
- Interactive application testing directly while setting up new processes
- Shows any issue with input jobs via a visual analysis feature without the need to know the technical format, e.g. AFP, LCDS, or PDF
- Provides complex, single pass operations at high speed with efficient output
A DocBridge Mill Plus application is built from individual modules that can be combined in a myriad of ways. By graphically supporting configuration interface, it is fast to set up new applications and easy to modify existing applications (for example: adding new input and output formats). All modules are programmed in OS-independent code and function exactly the same way in all the supported platforms.
All core functions are consolidated in a base module. The objects of the input documents and their properties are processed through format-dependent input filters. All the desired process functions can be configured in a format-neutral way, applied and converted into the required target formats using format-dependent output filters. In this way different formats are merged and modified in a single pass.
DocBridge Mill Plus can process the input file by:
- Optimize output in various ways, e.g. highest fidelity or smallest file size
- Separate input jobs into individual PDF documents
- Commingle several files of different format into one output
- Generate copies of documents into additional files, all in a single pass
- Re-order and filter what pages and documents are written into the output file
- Add additional pages like cover sheets, banner sheets and separator sheets
Change Page Contents
DocBridge Mill Plus provides a series of parameters that can be configured to change the structure or content of a page:
- Add text, OMR markings, barcodes, overlays and images
- Change page size and move page content
- Hide or redact text or areas of pages
- Recognize the text direction and auto rotate pages
- Mix and merge formats on input
Classify and Index
DocBridge Mill Plus can easily recognize each document’s metadata and categorize it accordingly.
- Easily capture NOPs and TLEs in AFP
- Utilize general attributes such as page numbers (e.g. page groups in AFP) or overlay names
- Extract and interpret text on the page
- Interpret and extract content from barcodes
DocBridge Mill Plus resource management provides support for mapping and substitution of raster and vector fonts. The following font types can be integrated:
- Postscript Type 1
- Postscript Type 3
- AFP Screen
- AFP Vector
Fonts and text can be merged, cached and optimized for more efficient downstream processing and small file sizes. Additionally, many of the font resources provided can be produced "on the fly" when generating the outgoing documents. This simplifies the configuration of such applications. In the case of AFP incoming documents, the following resource variants are supported:
- Inline resources (self-contained)
- External resources (files)
- External resource library
These resources can also be created using an http protocol on a resource server network. All of DocBridge Mill Plus’s core functions are fully implemented in Unicode. All character sets and codes, such as Double Byte Character Sets (DBCS), are supported.
DocBridge Mill Plus supports the following color ranges:
AFP, LCDS, Metacode, PDF, PostScript, PCL, and more. For a complete list see the Compart Matrix.
- Runtime OS: Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, openSUSE 12, CentOS 6, Debian 6, AIX 6.1 (PowerPC), Solaris 10 (SPARC)
- Configuration application: Windows 7, Windows XP,Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008